Welcome to the
Edison High School
Guidance information page
As the Guidance Counselor in the building I am very excited to work with you and your students! If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year in which I may support your child, please don't hesitate to contact me. Please use the tabs on the left of the page to scroll through some valuable resources to support your child’s progress through high school.
If you're unsure about what a counselor does, here are some highlights.
What does a school counselor do?
I can help with:
- Academic planning & course selection
- Motivation - Self advocacy skill development
- Transitioning from Middle School to High School
- Career Exploration and Post-Secondary Planning
- Personal Problems
- Crisis Situations
- Connecting to other resources
How does my child get to see the counselor?
- Teacher, parent, principal, or student request
- Students may leave a message for me in my mailbox outside of my office and I will send you a pass
- Parents/Guardians - feel free to call (733-5604) or email me
When does my child need to see the counselor?
- To share good news....
- When having problems with a friend, home, etc. that may be difficult to cope with
- When a problem is making it hard to focus in the classroom
- Career and college planning
- Put together academic plans